ironmans custom tank

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this will be my first build thread. It will probly take awhile to complete as im in no hurry and want it to be right.
So I just got in the tank and am starting the planning process. Here is a picture of my current tank. (or at least the last good picture that was taken of it).

bryans_tank_in_its_prime.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is my new tank.

deap_sea_tank_001.jpg
[/IMG]

the tank was made by Deap Sea Aquatics. and I must say they do a great job. it is a 185 NEO. it is made from 3/4 glass all around. and no braces. the demintions are : 60"X30"X24" . I had it drilled for a closed loop. I will psot more pics as progress come along

scrboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your current tank and the new one looks really promising...I want a big tank...

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pic really does not do the current tank justice. It looks awesome in person. Can't wait to follow the build thread and see how you do the swap over.

Are you gonna build the stand as you have done in the past or order one? What are you gonna use for lighting?? Staying with the 250's or gonna go T-5???

3/4 glass - I'm glad I didn't have to help move that beast!! Looks HEAVY!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tank Brian of course I have seen it in person plus I helped move the new beast to its location! :D

I cant wait to see this tank rolling!

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to answer a few questions:
I am currently running dual 250 SE with two VHOs (Hamilton 14K, URI actinic)
I have purchased three Aquamedic Oceanlights to use over this tank (250 phoenix 14K) and plan to add at least 4 T5s.
I will build another Oak stand similiar to my current stand till I finish my basement, once the basement is done I will install the tank inwall.
I have had the tank drilled to run a Oceans motions closed loop, and plan to add at least 100 gallons more water volume with the sump arangment im drawing up.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back