Irritation from rally pro & No ich?

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

So I have been treating with Rally Pro and No-Ich for about a week now, and I am a bit mystified with the results. Things are neither getting better or worse. I have a tail spot blenny, butterfly and half black angel that have symptoms that still persist, and there is absolutely nothing on the other fish. What is making me wonder is that these three are kind of known for being sensitive to medications - what would medication sensitivity look like? I don't want to stop dosing the medication if that means the issue is going to come roaring back, and I don't want to keep dosing if the medication is driving the skin problems I'm seeing on these fish.

What I am seeing on the fish doesn't look like white spots, it looks almost flaky. I will try to get a decent picture.

998BF743-0834-441E-A9E8-CA5F25609B58.jpeg 0C166035-B245-4BFE-B628-49C6C6D4E58A.jpeg 48C06D10-DAEE-4869-A792-1A4AF9A0AD09.jpeg 3CF7348C-BA9D-495C-9166-50CCC284779E.jpeg 787CC0F0-89AE-4B1B-97FC-42143DF7C233.jpeg C70B9991-23BB-43F4-B4CD-48CE9841B6AC.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would appreciate any help - feel bad for my critters, it is particularly attacking their fins

crazyclownlady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious about how long youve been dosing the Rally in your tank. My bottle says to do it for 3 days. Have you done it for more than 3 days?

OP
OP
T

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious about how long youve been dosing the Rally in your tank. My bottle says to do it for 3 days. Have you done it for more than 3 days?

Yeah, it says 3 days but that you may need to do longer for persistent issues. It's been about a week.

I am thinking of doing some big water changes, putting my carbon in, and seeing what happens, but am highly concerned it is going to cause a parasite to go nuclear if that's the issue. If I can catch the fish I am thinking of doing a FW dip and a 'reset' as well...

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are the symptoms? Pics are hard to tell. Neither products are a actual fix, sometimes after a parasite falls off a bacterial infection can form.
Is the no ich the Fritz product?

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, it says 3 days but that you may need to do longer for persistent issues. It's been about a week.

I am thinking of doing some big water changes, putting my carbon in, and seeing what happens, but am highly concerned it is going to cause a parasite to go nuclear if that's the issue. If I can catch the fish I am thinking of doing a FW dip and a 'reset' as well...

If you’re worried a parasite will go nuclear it’s not ich.
What other fish are not showing signs?

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nothing on a cleaner wrasse, stripey, yellow tang, damsel, filefis
My concern about going nuclear is that I haven’t ruled velvet out

Need better pics, the only thing I would say is in the very first pic on the tail fin would potentially be velvet and not ich.

crazyclownlady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

after 3 days of dosing rally (and only rally) my calcium went from 450 to 511. Just mentioning it incase you care to check.

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you familiar with brook? If it’s flaky I would search brook and compare, if it’s velvet you could try dosing peroxide but first thing I would do is a large WC and run carbon to get the existing meds out of the tank

OP
OP
T

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you familiar with brook? If it’s flaky I would search brook and compare, if it’s velvet you could try dosing peroxide but first thing I would do is a large WC and run carbon to get the existing meds out of the tank

I have just been researching that and it makes sense because it really doesn't look like classic ich, and velvet should be spreading more aggressively. Affected fish are hanging out in the high current areas, but they are also happily eating, so it's not neatly falling into one cat or another...It sounds like the rally should help with brook as well - I might do some combination of big water changes + freshwater dip + a reset on the rally pro if that sound advisable

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rally has formalin which should help with brook or velvet. Another option if you confirm brook after a freshwater dip is to treat with metro. Of course a hospital/quarantine tank is best but could dose tank with general cure

OP
OP
T

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rally has formalin which should help with brook or velvet. Another option if you confirm brook after a freshwater dip is to treat with metro. Of course a hospital/quarantine tank is best but could dose tank with general cure

Yeah, unfortunately my quarantine tank is currently inhabited by fish that are just coming through quarantine, so I worry if I take them out and put them into my DT, I am going to be exposing them to something they are currently safe from, and likewise if I take my DT fish out and put them in there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back