Is a engineer goby a good tank mate with a stingray?

heathsharky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking around it the pet store recently and I saw a nice group of engineer gobies (about 3 or 4 of them) that where a very good size (over 8 inches in length) and I really liked how they looked and behaved. I later looked a bit into them and how to take care of them and their basic needs so if I did go into buying one, but I wanna know on how they do with california stingrays as their is very little information about these two species being together and I really don't want to have the two species fight in the tank. I had read and watched videos on them and most people say they are peaceful or could be possibly agressive (but only to gobies, blennies, and dartfish as far as I read online.) I also am really very interested on them as they look weird and it would be nice to have a eel like fish to swim in the tank as I had a not so pleasant time with when I had my snowflake eel with my 2 stingray pups before I had Cali and Mr. Ray (which they been doing great.)

Jasc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to show caution when considering adding engineer gobies to my tank. It's important to create a environment for all the inhabitants to thrive. If I decide to go ahead with getting engineer gobies, I'll make sure to monitor their behavior closely with the stingray provide plenty of hiding spots and territories for the goby to prevent potential conflicts.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see more of this stingray setup. What are the dimensions?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back