Is anyone serious about moving here from RC?

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People come, people go, but the club will remain. over there usually the people with no infractions are the ones reporting everyone else. I'm sure being here the drama won't stop however at least it could be controlled by our own members.I have more in fractions being on the bod then ever before. I have to say I really dont care, however it's not fair to the members that just don't understand.

SaltySammy

Bubblehead Forever
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed Chris, as long as the club moderators do not abuse that power, I have seen it many times on other boards, and that alone can destroy all the hard work thats been done, I know I have only been around for several months but Ive been around the block a few times and this can go terribly wrong if peepee contest start.... The moderators should be responsible members with respect from the membership..... It will be a bad idea if BOD does it imo Thats all

Last edited:

SaltySammy

Bubblehead Forever
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are the first I have ever heard say they like the mods over there. They are just ignorant. Go read there rc feedback. They like to be little people then close the thread so they get the last word in. I've been a member of the reef tank since the beginning and don't have a single infraction I think I have 3 on rc. Every thread over there turns into a ******* contest. There are very few good threads over there because everyone ends up into a fight over something

LOL i see that .... welcome to the human condition..... combine that with immature peps and its a crap storm. I would venture to say those with infractions either do not know the rules (which are clearly laid out) or respond with knee jerk reactions which is a sign of immaturity ...... The bottom line is that it seems theres a lot interpersonal issues, kinda like the schoolyard. "Ya can't fix stupid" :)

Last edited:

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you Phil, the ones that have not been members long should listen to the ones that have experience with the MODS they seem to act like kids...

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is no secret, I prefer R2R over RC. I have been a member of RC for a few years and do not have any infracitons, but that doesn't mean I have to like the site. The overly strict moderating is only one of the issues I think RC has that wrong that R2R does not. What I keep getting hung up on is why people seem to think that if the club moves to R2R for the main forum you have to stop using RC. I for one like to cross reference sources....so why wouldn't you want to utilize both forums for information and get a more informed/well rounded answer? What it boils down to should be what is best for the clubs continued success and momentum that it has experienced over the last year. If that means one more click of the mouse for some to venture off RC and into the deep end of the pool...so be it! Obviously just my 2 cents.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would venture to say those with infractions either do not know the rules (which are clearly laid out)

Sammie I wish you were right but unfortunately not so true. my last three infractions didn't break any rules.as a matter of fact there are threads up right now that I was infected for. it all comes down to the people complaining about what is written. only time can show you this.

Lol okay I'm done complaining now I'm going to start digging deeper into this site :)

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 things
1. This is cool Watch a mantis shrimp in super slow motion
2. You can't post that link on reef central!
3. You can't say the name of another popular forum that isn't the one you're currently on, on reef central either!
lol

Even better...

We won't infract you for posting that link
We won't infract you for writing the name of another large forum on the web
We won't infract you and kick you off of Reef2Reef entirely just because you work for a local fish store
We will also leave your entire post up and not berate you and embarrass you with nasty comments for your post which is harmless to begin with anyway...

Geez, this is a win, win! :)

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even better...

We won't infract you for posting that link
We won't infract you for writing the name of another large forum on the web
We won't infract you and kick you off of Reef2Reef entirely just because you work for a local fish store
We will also leave your entire post up and not berate you and embarrass you with nasty comments for your post which is harmless to begin with anyway...

Geez, this is a win, win! :)

taking all the fun out of forum lurking........

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked, 18 people here, 67 on RC. So, essentially 20% or so got the memo. Make very little difference to me frankly, where this page resides. I'll participate either way. But, the value of any network is the sum of its participants, so I will continue to post on RC as I always have. Funny, I've receive a few infractions, but have never actually reported anyone. I figure if somebody is going to make a fool of themselves, leave the evidence for all this world to see.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As paying members for both sites for a few years now the grass is not always greener. Both sites have there favorites, vendors, members etc.....time will tell. For it was great to have our local club use RC so we would balance that with r2r.

Not sure this is true
We will also leave your entire post up and not berate you and embarrass you with nasty comments for your post which is harmless to begin with anyway...:

We have never had an infraction at either site.:

Last edited:

mtc1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the move has been done . although rc is keeping the forum going with a lightly different name.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that. This is one of the reasons I always stayed at the reef tank and I think most is true if not all here also. At the reef tank I can link a thread from rc or r2r I can mention anything I want. They believe as long as it's educational to the hobby and everyone learns from it they have no issue. I one time posted a bad word on accident the word was supposed to be bigger but accidently tapped the key nest to the B. I stead of infracting me the mod sent me a pm of my mistake and had ne edit it. This is a hobby if I want to post a link that will help everyone from were ever I should be able to as long as it has to do with reef keeping. Go to the feedback of rc right now there is a post of a club who felt something was unfair of a mod the worst one over there deb( I hate tweety bird now it reminds me of her ignorance). Instead of trying to figure the issue this person was just banned from rc before it was even looked into.

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked, 18 people here, 67 on RC. So, essentially 20% or so got the memo. Make very little difference to me frankly, where this page resides. I'll participate either way. But, the value of any network is the sum of its participants, so I will continue to post on RC as I always have. Funny, I've receive a few infractions, but have never actually reported anyone. I figure if somebody is going to make a fool of themselves, leave the evidence for all this world to see.

Its only day one, im sure the following will increase here as it decreases there

gmate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS is my favorite!!
My first thought....wow Kris won't have to a make a new freaking account every 8-12 months.

RC mods (not to nitpick, but my experiences with DGenR8 say it all) tend to be overbearing and don't have the best interest of the community in mind. Which is ironic, being that the whole point of the forum is to foster a reefing community.

While I don't go to meetings I do view the club forum daily on RC. I'll just check both here and there, but only post here, for the next few months until RC fizzles out. I don't think it's a bad thing in the long run, if anything a benefit.

If the BOD thinks it's a smart move then I'll follow.

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thought....wow Kris won't have to a make a new freaking account every 8-12 months.

RC mods (not to nitpick, but my experiences with DGenR8 say it all) tend to be overbearing and don't have the best interest of the community in mind. Which is ironic, being that the whole point of the forum is to foster a reefing community.

You got that right! lol

I hope those mods come snoop over here, just so they see my username still in action after all the BS they gave me without justifiable reasons

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back