Is anyone serious about moving here from RC?

SaltySammy

Bubblehead Forever
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving here doesn't mean one will not still be a reg user on RC and have access to any and all info bro. just moving the club forum here because its better for the club in the big picture in my opinion.

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving here doesn't mean one will not still be a reg user on RC and have access to any and all info bro. just moving the club forum here because its better for the club in the big picture in my opinion.

I completely agree. The proposed idea of moving the main club forum over here is not an indictment on RC(ok maybe it is a bit of an idictment on RC)but definitely not the information you can get from there. Having said that, Rev and R2R have put together a website that will enhance the forum experience for all of the club members. Not to mention we have direct access to our club sponsors (exotic fish and coral, the coral reef, and affordable aquatics). I would love to see them all become more active in their respective areas in the members section, but I do not think they have gotten the bang for their buck to date. I imagine that would change if the majority of the members were checking in here rather then RC.

mtc1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all for the move it just needs to be shut down on RC for it to happen other wise i will continue to go there as thats were most stuff gets posted now.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really gotta come down to the bod getting a vote through, and just killing the RC section all together. Is the club financially able to withstand a year or so of downed membership until people all figure it out? Eventually the R2R CTARS section would be just as heavily used as the RC CTARS but I would think that at least a year or so could be tough on the club financially. Other clubs that have done it that way seem to be happy.

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe an alternative to shutting down on rc right away would be for the bod to post things on here a week earlier than on rc? So when the monthly meeting frag trade thread goes up you'd get first dibs if you were checking here. Just an idea it might get people into the habit of checking here more often.

Last edited:

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All very good ideas, keep them comming. All are being considered. I think its a done deal in my mind but I need to keep it tastefull. Its a big step for a club that came very far already this year.

Also as useful stated, it might be a membership problem if not done correctly. however it's good to see people starting to shuffle over that means our words at the meeting meant something.

Last edited:

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like the idea of posting the meeting trade thread on here earlier than the other site. It gives people incentive to check here first. I always check this one first before the other. [emoji225] :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to but in but we almost have 100,000 fans on our FB Fan page and I would be willing to pay for advanced targeted advertising to the hobbyists within your club reach to help offset any member "loss" you might get. Thanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should say that we should have 100,000 likes in several weeks.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe an alternative to shutting down on rc right away would be for the bod to post things on here a week earlier than on rc? So when the monthly meeting frag trade thread goes up you'd get first dibs if you were checking here. Just an idea it might get people into the habit of checking here more often.

That is a great idea.

it's good to see people starting to shuffle over that means our words at the meeting meant something.

For me, I was happy to hear you guys bring it up. I've had multiple infractions from RC, although nothing bad enough to get banned, and it's just ridiculous. So maybe I have a non computer literate friend I want to help sell something, can't do it for what ever reason, even though its helping out both the seller and the interested perspective buyer. Thats just stupid. Anyway...

I also like the idea of posting the meeting trade thread on here earlier than the other site. It gives people incentive to check here first. I always check this one first before the other. [emoji225] :)

Again, great idea

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev,
you have showed nothing but the willingness to help us out. (and i know you have been patient) but will be discussing how to move forward monday night.

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's confusing/pain in the butt to have 2 club boards. There should only be 1 official CTARS forums....

I like this one better but find myself lurking and posting on the other more since there are more posts/updates on there......

The "regulars" need to stop posting on there period...and stop posting the same posts on both. Some will complain and swear they won't come over....but in a week or so they will get over it and everyone will be over here. People just don't like change...even if it's a good one.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's confusing/pain in the butt to have 2 club boards. There should only be 1 official CTARS forums....

I like this one better but find myself lurking and posting on the other more since there are more posts/updates on there......

The "regulars" need to stop posting on there period...and stop posting the same posts on both. Some will complain and swear they won't come over....but in a week or so they will get over it and everyone will be over here. People just don't like change...even if it's a good one.

I agree 100% to all that. I used to be on a motorcycle forum that had a ton of drama. Some of the regulars took it upon themselves to start a new forum, and it was BORN. One down five up I think was the old one, and no longer exists. It took a little time, but everyone ended up moving over.

PL-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I admit I don't really agree with the mover over here but that's just my opinion. It's not because I don't like R2R, I just prefer RC over it. I've been an active member on RC for over 8 years with no problems, no infractions, no nothing. It's not that big of a deal for me to check this site for club business and use and post on RC for everything else. Maybe I'll eventually change my mind but for the time being I'll be going against the grain.

Tweaked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admit I don't really agree with the mover over here but that's just my opinion. It's not because I don't like R2R, I just prefer RC over it. I've been an active member on RC for over 8 years with no problems, no infractions, no nothing. It's not that big of a deal for me to check this site for club business and use and post on RC for everything else. Maybe I'll eventually change my mind but for the time being I'll be going against the grain.
Jas, my sentiments exactly, and couldn't of said it better. I will most likely just move over to the main boards and stay out of any of the club stuff. Besides, I do not go to meetings and contribute nothing. I like the Mods personally over there, and have a few long time PM's going with a few of them- great people if you ask me. Anywho, to each their own. Carry on

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are the first I have ever heard say they like the mods over there. They are just ignorant. Go read there rc feedback. They like to be little people then close the thread so they get the last word in. I've been a member of the reef tank since the beginning and don't have a single infraction I think I have 3 on rc. Every thread over there turns into a ******* contest. There are very few good threads over there because everyone ends up into a fight over something

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back