Is bubble tip ok?

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I’ve had this bubble tip for a few weeks. He’s moved around the tank mostly he’s been inflated. He looks like this now...
image.jpg

My clown still is trying to snuggle in there but he’s not as comfy as usual.

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing came out yet that I can see.
What steps can I take?
Is it too late?
Is there anything coming out of the mouth? Sometimes Anemones do this sort of behavior to expel waste, if it doesn't look better after a couple hours, I would start to worry. How long has it been like this?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything coming out of the mouth? Sometimes Anemones do this sort of behavior to expel waste, if it doesn't look better after a couple hours, I would start to worry. How long has it been like this?
Nothing
it seems to do this when the light goes out then balloons up when they come back on in the morning. It’s been like this for a few hours. It’s either moving or falling off the rock

image.jpg

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing
it seems to do this when the light goes out then balloons up when they come back on in the morning. It’s been like this for a few hours. It’s either moving or falling off the rock

image.jpg
If it completely falls off the rock, chances are it's either dying or dead. I have 2 BTAs and they exhibit the same behavior. They will "deflate" about 2-3x a day and really bubble up in the morning. I would keep an eye on it. If you have any questions or concerns, you can message me directly and I'll get back to you asap.

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stronger light or on longer?
Different lighting. You'll need something with full spectrum capabilities and stronger output. The main color you'll need is Blue and White. If you're unable to get a better light, I would suggest trying to sell it back to your LFS or see if there's a fellow reefer who would hold onto it until you get a better light. Anemones are tricky to care for but very rewarding.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different lighting. You'll need something with full spectrum capabilities and stronger output. The main color you'll need is Blue and White. If you're unable to get a better light, I would suggest trying to sell it back to your LFS or see if there's a fellow reefer who would hold onto it until you get a better light. Anemones are tricky to care for but very rewarding.
Anything specific?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 30 inch strip light. I have room for a second light on the top.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What size is your tank? That will pretty much sum up the size of light you need. Well it's a good place to start :)

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you're looking to spend. I have a budget friendly set of lights that do the job. Ordered them on Amazon. Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium...
You can always go more expensive with the Kessil lights or other top brands.

These work with closed lid tanks?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back