Is bubble tip ok?

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
395
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I’ve had this bubble tip for a few weeks. He’s moved around the tank mostly he’s been inflated. He looks like this now...
image.jpg

My clown still is trying to snuggle in there but he’s not as comfy as usual.
 
Looks like it is spitting out from the inside. Keep an eye on it if it dies
Nothing came out yet that I can see.
What steps can I take?
Is it too late?
 
Nothing came out yet that I can see.
What steps can I take?
Is it too late?
Is there anything coming out of the mouth? Sometimes Anemones do this sort of behavior to expel waste, if it doesn't look better after a couple hours, I would start to worry. How long has it been like this?
 
Is there anything coming out of the mouth? Sometimes Anemones do this sort of behavior to expel waste, if it doesn't look better after a couple hours, I would start to worry. How long has it been like this?
Nothing
it seems to do this when the light goes out then balloons up when they come back on in the morning. It’s been like this for a few hours. It’s either moving or falling off the rock

image.jpg
 
Nothing
it seems to do this when the light goes out then balloons up when they come back on in the morning. It’s been like this for a few hours. It’s either moving or falling off the rock

image.jpg
If it completely falls off the rock, chances are it's either dying or dead. I have 2 BTAs and they exhibit the same behavior. They will "deflate" about 2-3x a day and really bubble up in the morning. I would keep an eye on it. If you have any questions or concerns, you can message me directly and I'll get back to you asap.
 
So stronger light or on longer?
Different lighting. You'll need something with full spectrum capabilities and stronger output. The main color you'll need is Blue and White. If you're unable to get a better light, I would suggest trying to sell it back to your LFS or see if there's a fellow reefer who would hold onto it until you get a better light. Anemones are tricky to care for but very rewarding.
 
Different lighting. You'll need something with full spectrum capabilities and stronger output. The main color you'll need is Blue and White. If you're unable to get a better light, I would suggest trying to sell it back to your LFS or see if there's a fellow reefer who would hold onto it until you get a better light. Anemones are tricky to care for but very rewarding.
Anything specific?
 
It’s a 30 inch strip light. I have room for a second light on the top.
 
What size is your tank? That will pretty much sum up the size of light you need. Well it's a good place to start :)
 
Depends on what you're looking to spend. I have a budget friendly set of lights that do the job. Ordered them on Amazon. Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium... Amazon product ASIN B00GFTQDQKYou can always go more expensive with the Kessil lights or other top brands.
These work with closed lid tanks?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new