Is gyre flow designed to be interrupted?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Neptune Wave and Jebao SW 8 in my 65 gallon (36x18x24?) that are pointed at each other to create a colliding flow towards the middle of the tank. I’m looking at replacing these with Gyres, however I also have 2 koralia nanos in this tank. It seems the gyre flow has a specific pattern to it. So my question is will the flow from the Koralias cause too much disruption to the gyre flow effectively rendering it useless or am I overthinking things?

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks! I’m looking at the Jebaos as I can’t afford the maxspect or icecaps. Do you know if they’ll run upside down or if they have a reverse flow option? It doesn’t look like have a reverse flow. Thinking of using one to blow down behind my rockwork

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks! I’m looking at the Jebaos as I can’t afford the maxspect or icecaps. Do you know if they’ll run upside down or if they have a reverse flow option? It doesn’t look like have a reverse flow. Thinking of using one to blow down behind my rockwork
The jebaos don't have reverse flow. Can't speak for the icecaps. For the money, I like the Jebaos. I have them in one tank and gyres in another.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back