Is it a Skimmer or Filter? It's BOTH!

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, May 16, 2018.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Build a Better Aquarium R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019 Toys For Kids Sponsor 2018 Article Contributor

2. 40B Knasty

40B Knasty Valuable Member

Is there a picture of the modified impeller anywhere to be seen?

3. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Build a Better Aquarium R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019 Toys For Kids Sponsor 2018 Article Contributor

40B Knasty likes this.
  4. 40B Knasty

MarineDepot likes this.
  5. MarineDepot

You're very welcome and shout-out to Jake @ RB for the nice photos.

6. 40B Knasty

Only thing I would want to know is if you could pull the filter floss out of that basket casing and cut a block of Marine Pure to stick that in there. Have enough room to move the filter floss back behind the plastic casing that holds the Marine Pure to have a mechanical, beefed up biological, and what is that green sponge that runs across? Is it some kind of ammonia sponge.

7. AcroNem

AcroNem Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

It looks like a piece of those phosphate adsorbing pads.

8. MarineDepot

@40B Knasty We have one on the way to test out ourselves and I can provide you a more thorough answer thereafter. I imagine you could remove the filter cartridges completely and replace with a cut piece of Marine Pure along with filter floss and maybe even modify the cartridges. I will have to double check on the green sponge as well but it is likely just a bubble trap to ensure micro-bubbles are not a problem. Unfortunately, not too much information is available online at the moment but once we have the unit here for review, I will ensure we update the description and will be happy to answer your questions.

Until then, take care and happy reefkeeping!

-Robert @ MD

40B Knasty and AcroNem like this.
  9. 40B Knasty

If you set it up on a tank. Let us know how long the break in time is for the skimmer part and if it dumps micro bubbles into the tank and for how long. Thanks Robert! Love those ELOS test kits you guys carry. I have the pH, Pro Phosphates, and Nitrates kit. I always recommend that kit to people and show them your video. Then I show them mine on how to use it.

MarineDepot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted