Is it possible to create different intensity light zones in 5 gal tank, or the only solution is to make separate setups?

dk2nt9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of us do, I am getting corals that are interesting to me, and now faced a situation when the light in the tank is too high for low light species. Is there a way to create different light zones in 10" tall tank? What I could think of:
  • Placing them under overhang under LED light makes too much shade, not enough light.
  • Using PAR38 bulbs, with more intensity at the center, is a possibility, but still either too little for SPS or too much for low light zoas.
  • Flat lights with even light distribution (Nicrew Saltwater, Lifegard Power2) worked well until now, but have to keep not optimal for both groups intensity, a little too low for SPS and a bit too high for low light species.
Is separating them in own tanks with optimized for each group lighting the only viable solution?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back