Is Kessil Enough in 5' tank.

PreziosoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some honest feedback while I design my Red Sea 625xxl. Tank is 60"w x 24"h x 26"d Was about to pull the trigger on (3) AI Hydra 32. But i want to have the shimmer that I had in my old Metal Halide tank. So thinking about moving to the Kessil A500X mounted 9" above the tank on the mounting arms.

Will 2 Kessil's provide enough par/lighting for a mixed reef with maybe 5-6 SPS corals that will eventually be placed in the top 8-9 of the tank?

I know that both AI and Kessil will have those that love and hate them, but every thing i read has stated that Kessil is the closest to the MH shimmer. So i want to make sure I set this up right the first time.

TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. I have a pair of XR30 G5 Radions on the ends and a XR15 G5 in the center on my Red Sea 750XXL, and it's 71" in width - so you might be ok with just the two Kessils if you had the 130 degree reflector.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some honest feedback while I design my Red Sea 625xxl. Tank is 60"w x 24"h x 26"d Was about to pull the trigger on (3) AI Hydra 32. But i want to have the shimmer that I had in my old Metal Halide tank. So thinking about moving to the Kessil A500X mounted 9" above the tank on the mounting arms.

Will 2 Kessil's provide enough par/lighting for a mixed reef with maybe 5-6 SPS corals that will eventually be placed in the top 8-9 of the tank?

I know that both AI and Kessil will have those that love and hate them, but every thing i read has stated that Kessil is the closest to the MH shimmer. So i want to make sure I set this up right the first time.

TIA
i personally would check the par forum thread to see if there is anyone that has a similar setup, to see what the par is like. it might give you a decent baseline to answer your question.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back