Is my anemome dying?

Andrius Satas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1505762560958535731603.jpg I came home from school to find my condy anemone stuck inside the filter, when i took him out a few tenticles were ripped and i dont know if its dying
 
It doesn't look good but I have seen them come back from looking like this, believe it or not. Put it in a bowl with some rubble rock inside the tank in a low flow area where it will have little to nothing messing with it. Keep a watchful eye on it, if it starts to look like it's melting and your inverts are eating it, then it has died and you should remove it from the tank before it releases all of its stored up nutrients into the water.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new