Is my anemone looking fine?

mathew.jarvis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
Dundee
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an anemone and it looks like he settled in a crack in my rock. I just introduced him into my tank yesterday. Does he look okay? Mouth is closed and the foot looks really secured. Im just debating whether the flow is too strong or not.

Ive got a fluval evo 13.5 with a rfg on one nozzle, and nero 3 running with settings as seen below. I dont want to have the flow too low as I have a birds nest frag in the tank too.

Thanks a bunch. Screenshot_20231029_172940_myAI.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20231029_173018.mp4
    21.4 MB
Yes, looks healthy. You may want to dial your flow back just a bit. Very nice anemone! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Okay. Thank you very much. When anemones find a nice spot for themselves do they still move their foot around? Mine has done so last night moved his foot around but hes still in the same crack this morning lol.
 
Okay. Thank you very much. When anemones find a nice spot for themselves do they still move their foot around? Mine has done so last night moved his foot around but hes still in the same crack this morning lol.
They can move around a bit. I've got a condy anemone who's been roaming around part of the tank for the last month (it may have finally find its "happy spot").
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new