Is my birdsnest bleaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JosephM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
1,561
Reaction score
993
Location
Lincolnton
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had it for a couple weeks. I got it for free. It always has its polyps out during the day and somewhat during the night. Today I noticed they were out as much and then when I check tonight with a flashlight I’m seeing it’s getting very light colored in a single spot in the middle of it

E9B97663-8FA2-4D6A-9B5A-32AC48ED885A.jpeg AFA83BEF-3686-4169-A299-26A68E409BB9.jpeg
 
Somewhat. Moderate light and water flow
Assure your alk, salinity, nitrate and calcium levels are not elevated
 
Somewhat. Moderate light and water flow
Assure your alk, salinity, nitrate and calcium levels are not elevated
My nitrates have been goin up slowly lately could that be the cause? I just got a bunch of chaeto today so they should be going down over the next few days, do you think it’ll be fine or should I take some other action
 
My nitrates have been goin up slowly lately could that be the cause? I just got a bunch of chaeto today so they should be going down over the next few days, do you think it’ll be fine or should I take some other action
That would have impact. Add a pouch of chemipure elite. That will keep nitrates in check
 
That would have impact. Add a pouch of chemipure elite. That will keep nitrates in check
I’m going to try and avoid that. Last time I went that route my nutrients completely bottomed out in less then 16hrs :eek: Chaeto normally does well for me. If I’m not seeing a drop in a couple days I’ll put some elite in for a few hours.
 
I’m going to try and avoid that. Last time I went that route my nutrients completely bottomed out in less then 16hrs :eek: Chaeto normally does well for me. If I’m not seeing a drop in a couple days I’ll put some elite in for a few hours.
It bottomed out likely to elite having GFO
CHEMIPURE blue may be a safer bet
 
It bottomed out likely to elite having GFO
CHEMIPURE blue may be a safer bet
True true. Might have to pick me up one of those. It’s odd, I have to dose phosphates daily but nitrates slowly rise. Well that was after my chaeto had died. I used to have to dose P04 and N03. We’ll see how this new chaeto does lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new