Is my BTA dead?

paulinexo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
9
Location
PA, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I just bought this and the lady did not package it well…it was smushed in the bag. I do not smell anything bad (I heard that it will smell bad when it’s dead) but it looks like some parts of it are smushed? I’m not sure. Can anyone help? I do not want to put it in the tank if it’s dead or if there’s just a high chance that it will die if it isn’t already…

IMG_5062.png
 
Doesn’t look dead. Turn off your pumps and power heads and place it where you think it will do well and where is can attach its foot. I would start somewhere low to mid tank on the rock. Let it be for good 15-30 minutes to give it a chance to attach.

Good luck
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new