Is my clam ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SWQuest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

SWQuest

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
18
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AD67D381-ABB0-43ED-922A-0611C250169F.jpeg
8E04DDA9-39C6-4089-8D0F-A31DF957B0D1.jpeg
Just got a maxima clam this past weekend and ive had a dersa clam in the past and never had any problems with it but this one doesn’t open as much. I’ve read that some don’t open as much but then read a lot about PM and never had that problem with my dersa so I just want to make sure this clam doesn’t have PM thank you. Top front pic is when I got it and top down is how it looks now.
 
Ok thank you just a little paranoid after reading about PM. I got it at a local LFS Aquatic Art.
 
Ok I’ll try that. Hopefully I can still use GFO in cycles if that is the case to help keep PO4 down. Thank you for your responses and advice.
 
Those are nice maximas. I don't see any evidence of pinched mantle disease. Clams have the ability take in more/less light with mantle extension. Try not to keep the water to clean. Any time GFO was ran our clams would react negatively.
 
That is what a maxima looks like when it is happy with the light that it is getting. This is usually a good thing. When they are stretched/spread way out and gaping, that is usually bad since they are looking for more light (among maybe other things).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new