Is my cycle complete?

Yesterday I had

Ammonia: 0.4ppm
Nitrite: 1+ppm
Nitrate: 20ppm

Today I have

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 1+ ppm
Nitrate: 25ppm

Is my cycle complete/what are my next steps?
Hard to determine without the full picture. When was the tank set up, and what did you start the cycle with? Dry rock +bacteria? Live rock?

But with just the limited info, looks like a good sign
 
Is my cycle complete/what are my next steps?
Sounds like you aren't going by any kind of startup guide or reference book or anything. Your tank is in for a wild ride if you continue that way. :D

There are tons of good books, and I'd suggest getting at least two.

Take your time getting the tank started before you start adding livestock.
 
Hard to determine without the full picture. When was the tank set up, and what did you start the cycle with? Dry rock +bacteria? Live rock?

But with just the limited info, looks like a good sign
I’ve been dosing with seachem stability for 7 days and I’m using dry rock. The tank was bought used though and I kept the biomedia that was in the tank. Not looking to add fish immediately or anything. Just trying to see if I’m on the right track and if I need to do anything additional to complete the cycle/should I wait for lower nitrite.
 
Yesterday I had

Ammonia: 0.4ppm
Nitrite: 1+ppm
Nitrate: 20ppm

Today I have

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 1+ ppm
Nitrate: 25ppm

Is my cycle complete/what are my next steps?
How are testing water? You can disregard Nitrite which is freshwater specific. To answer your question, when
ammonia rises then falls and holds a steady reading of Zero for at least 5 days and also nitrate rises and falls and holds at 20 or below- you are cycled.
Did you add ammonia chloride or something to increase ammonia initially ? A picture will not show anything with cycle, but rather depend on test readings
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new