Is my Duncan dying?

Reef N’ Guitar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, first post, first tank and first problem lol I got an innovative marine 15G. It’s about two months old got a lot of cool stuff in there. Royal gramma, Canary blenny, two designer clowns, torch, hammers aaaaaaand the problem child. The Duncan. He has been closed for a day and a half now, all my other corals and fish are doing great, happy and fully extended. Anyone have any thoughts as to why? Thanks!!!
1D393671-E62D-455D-89E4-8EBF3E2878F7.jpeg

1Meshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? What type of lighting do you have too?

Alfredomeinhardt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they close for a couple of days, maybe 4-5 days and they re-open again. This happened to me several times and the first couple of times a freakout and then I understood it was normal. If it stays closed for more than 5 days then you need to check your parameters. Duncans are the first to notice a shift in parameters.

1Meshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they close for a couple of days, maybe 4-5 days and they re-open again. This happened to me several times and the first couple of times a freakout and then I understood it was normal. If it stays closed for more than 5 days then you need to check your parameters. Duncans are the first to notice a shift in parameters.
Agree with this. Sometimes my duncans randomly close and open up again after a few days.

If they remain closed or look worse then I'd def check your params

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back