Is my frogspawn coral dead?

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same, but I used live rock from my LFS. In hindsight, I wish I did dry rock and then did what @PTXReef did with a turbo start. Getting live rock is cool because you get all of the critters at once, live rock sucks because you get all of the critters you dont want at once.... I let my tank go for 2 months with live rock, then added a small amount of CUC since there was algae growing. I'd also feed the CUC if needed.

I started with live sand and dry rock and added my clean up crew once my sand bed was covered in diatoms. Once I saw green algae and some coralline algae start to grow, they were great indicators to start adding corals (make sure to test first!) The coralline came from a blue-legged hermit's shell :p

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back