Is my Midas Blenny ridiculous or.....?

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After recently finishing a fallow period and reintroducing the few fish that survived the initial outbreak, i decided to add a midas blenny and a dragonet (so many pods after fallow).

I have a net top that I built from some window screens and bird net, so he hasn't yet been successful, but i hear the Midas Blenny whack that net at least a couple of times a day. All of the parameters seem fine, so I don't think that the tank is toxic and he's trying to escape (also no one else is acting strange). Are Midas Blennys just habitual jumpers? I've read quite a few posts on R2R about people having Midas Blennys go carpet surfing, but this guy tries to jump several times a day...

Not really sure what I'm asking here, just wanted some reassurance that this is normal, and he'll calm down after a few weeks.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems very normal to me when first introduced.
Easily spooked, sometimes chased, but my guess is that will slow down.

Depends of course of “who” else shares the DT.

Dragonet a jumper as well, but he more pops over the edge when night pod cruising.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blue planet oceans GIF by BBC America

he’s trying to figure out what is available in the next tide pool over. Maybe they have a deeper pool, or better lunch menu.

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you guys said is kind of what i figured. the tank is pretty harmonious actually, almost zero aggression between tankmates.

Here's the stocklist in the 90 he lives in, in case anyone is interested:
1x Foxface
1x (like 2-3 inch) two spot bristletooth tang
1x solar fairy wrasse
1x yellow coris wrasse
2x clownfish
1x molly
1x dragonet
1x (quite large) midas blenny
1x (baby) clown goby

everyone in here seems to get along very well

Back