is my nem dying

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so for the past week i had my nem he started off fine then i started dosing peroxide at night again.
he would shrink up and look like the first picture. then he would open back up and look like the second picture in the morning.
so as i was on here i was told not to feed it so i didn’t feed it and i haven’t fed it for the past three days and i haven’t dosed peroxide in the last three days and he still shrinks up and expels waste stuff.
so now i thought it was lighting so i put an ai prime on my tank today because i was reading anemones get most of their energy from the light but and hour before the lights went off he looked like the second picture.
is he just acclimating to my light or the perameters because he’s been in the tank for a while and the perameters are perfect and the tank is coming up on it’s first year in december so i dont know what’s wrong any help would be appreciated and i’m sorry about the punctuation and stuff i’m bad at that.

5742185F-881F-405F-863F-8B3355E47BCE.jpeg 6435E178-A90B-4473-8EF2-0E261E3B2EE5.jpeg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea that’s why i stopped dosing and it’s been three days and still dose this i’m confused as to why
My bta split after I whacked an adjacent aptasia with h2o2.
Don't change too much at once, he might just need time to recover from h2o2.
I dont think more light is the answer at this point. I do like the ai prime long term.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta split after I whacked an adjacent aptasia with h2o2.
Don't change too much at once, he might just need time to recover from h2o2.
I dont think more light is the answer at this point. I do like the ai prime long term.
yea i set it too 50% on acclamation mode right now and can i still do my water change tomorrow and i’m probably gonna turn it down to 40% tomorrow

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it has been expelling zooxanthellae. If you have seen it spit up brown stuff that could confirm it. I would do a 20-25 percent water change, stop dosing chemicals, let it be and see if it comes back. It does not look happy unfortunately, but as long as its foot is still sticking to the rock, it has a chance to come back :) .

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it has been expelling zooxanthellae. If you have seen it spit up brown stuff that could confirm it. I would do a 20-25 percent water change, stop dosing chemicals, let it be and see if it comes back. It does not look happy unfortunately, but as long as its foot is still sticking to the rock, it has a chance to come back :) .
yea he puffs up every day and he’s never moved and i’m gonna do my water change tomorrow

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! I run my best nem tank under the AI Primes so good choice on the light. Glad you stopped with the h202, I’ve been folllowing your nem for a while now. I’d say leave it alone, let it recover. With the new light and no chemicals in the water I would expect it to bounce back in a week. However, if it bleaches it will take much longer to heal and will be a lot of work for you

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! I run my best nem tank under the AI Primes so good choice on the light. Glad you stopped with the h202, I’ve been folllowing your nem for a while now. I’d say leave it alone, let it recover. With the new light and no chemicals in the water I would expect it to bounce back in a week. However, if it bleaches it will take much longer to heal and will be a lot of work for you
yea i hope it dosent bleach and what light spectrum do you run for your ai prime

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i try using this i’m running the brs one right now on acclamation mode at 50%
I would continue the acclimation mode, does the light seem brighter than your old one? You do not want to have your nem bleach because then it cannot gain nutrients from light and you will have to provide food for it like every day. It took my old one 10 months to recover from bleaching with daily feeding

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would continue the acclimation mode, does the light seem brighter than your old one? You do not want to have your nem bleach because then it cannot gain nutrients from light and you will have to provide food for it like every day. It took my old one 10 months to recover from bleaching with daily feeding
my old one ran at 18 watts but the ting is that mine started to color up when the new light was added

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my old one ran at 18 watts but the ting is that mine started to color up when the new light was added
If things in the tank are starting to look better, then I’d say whatever settings you have it on right now are okay. Slow and steady changes with that nem. Nothing good in this hobby happens fast (except for buying new livestock!)

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If things in the tank are starting to look better, then I’d say whatever settings you have it on right now are okay. Slow and steady changes with that nem. Nothing good in this hobby happens fast (except for buying new livestock!)
ok and how long should i leave it on acclamation mode

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back