Is my return pump powerful enough for plumbing update??

tigresteve09

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Messages
104
Reaction score
52
Location
Marietta GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 100gallon display with a 40 gallon sump (about 30 gallons of water).

I’m running the Jebao MDP 13000.

I am looking to plumb in a 56 watt UV I got and wanted to plumb in a manifold for a couple reactors and potential T off for a future frag tank.

Do you think my return pump is sufficient to handle this? The spec sheet says it’s about 3300 gallons per hour but that’s with no head pressure. It maxes at 95 watts and I’m currently running at 50 watts.

If this pump isn’t powerful enough, what GPH do you think I need?
20260115_190938_4305F2BE-2851-454D-8A05-D3E41E119C84.png
 
I think it can handle your needs ok, but I might run two pumps (or more) for circulation redundancy. A properly sized pump for the UV could double as a secondary return so that if the jebao takes a holiday ( blows a fuse, gets clogged and stops flowing, or?) having circulation from a second pump keeps the tank oxygenated and filtered.
 
Yep I would add a second.

I did the same, I’m running a pair of DCP-10000 at around 35% for my 225 gallon with 8’ of head pressure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new