Is my rock flower ok?

Treehrtsme

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
957
Reaction score
219
Location
Atlanta GA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm newer to keeping Rock flower anemones and I've seen them "eat and poop" but this looks a bit unusual. I was gone most of Saturday and just got home today. Everything else in the tank looks fine actually a bit better than usual. I'm keeping it in a sand bed and a frag grow out tank, and it's been there for at least a month or so, but I noticed one of my other nems probably got shredded by a way maker, though I know my nutrients are already low, so even though it's only a 20 gallon system the death of something smaller it should be established enough to handle. A quick strip test didn't show anything on usual but naturally didn't show anything specific so I'm in the process of taking accurate parameters but I know for now pH is 8.23 and salinity close to 1.025. temp 77 .5 the rest I don't have yet.

20241013_201342.jpg
 
Ditch the strip test, they aren’t accurate. Get some test by salifert, Red Sea or if you can afford them Hanna.
Do you have a guard over your wave maker?
How did your rfa look yesterday vs today
 
What is the par level that the RFA is in if possible this could be a factor (sometimes you have to psychically move it yourself or it will self delete itself rather than move)as but it could also be growing a (bounce) like some mushrooms do. What other inhabitants like hermit crab, shrimps etc… it could be doing that do to it being annoyed by one of them
 
I have full Hannah is just that some of this tests take 25 minutes at most. A strip can tell me almost immediately if I should start a water change and or if something is seriously wrong, just not accurately pinpoint the problem. My parameters came out fine and it just kind of spit out the odd bud. I just know from my maxi minis of the mouth starts looking odd or protruding (or goes missing.......) things can get bad. Regardless I think everything turned out fine though I did lose one an enemy. I'm toning down the lighting on this tank and switching out to an XR 15 pro G6 and probably I'm going to raise it a little since the tanks only 8 inch deep. Running an XR 30 blue even at 10 or 20% is a lot of par 5/6 in below the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new