Is my skimmer too big

dubaireefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
UAE
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a 200 g reef tank that is cycling and I Bought eshops x 350 which is for 350 -450 g because I am going to have sps so I need really clean water so do u think it will be ok or do u think there will be a downside of having such a big skimmer
 
If you overskim you can strip the water. One thing you could do it if you want Ted to keep that skimmer is put it on a timer and run is 1/2 a day to start with. More of the nutrients go up and less if it starts to drop too far.
 
I would have bought the X-220 or a DC skimmer like the Reef Breeders D700+... you're going to struggle to have ANY nutrients running the X-350 24/7. I suppose you could always swap the pump out for a DC pumps that you can dial up and down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new