Is my surface agitation bad?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 150G, and im running my vectra m2 at 50%. And my mp40s at constant 66%. And i feel theres barely any surface agitation am i overthinking this? Or this is no flow.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surface agitation doesn’t look bad to me, and probably have good gas exchange if you have a protein skimmer running as well.

If you really wanted more surface agitation you could up the return pump speed, angle the return nozzles up, or try some of the different modes on your powerheads. I always got a ton of surface agitation by having the powerheads synced and using the reef crest or pulse mode.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like plenty to me.
I dont know i feel like when i look at the top of my tank i can see the rocks and sand perfectly clear and still haha. Maybe iv been watching a lot instagram reed tank videos?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know i feel like when i look at the top of my tank i can see the rocks and sand perfectly clear and still haha. Maybe iv been watching a lot instagram reed tank videos?
The first thing I look for to make sure I have enough agitation is the absence of anything floating on top like scum or dust.

Last edited:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my MP40s 3 inches below the surface. Yours are placed much deeper in the tank. I have a very visible surface ripple and my SPS get a nice blast but the corals down below get nice low flow.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%

Back