Is my tank cycled yet?

willschatz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Location
Chesapeake beach
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was wondering if you could help me see if my tank is cycled yet this is my first time doing this so I would like to make sure. Here is also a picture of my tank there is algae on the glass I haven’t gotten a scraper for it yet. Thanks
20260816_151614_6458A0C5-458A-4719-8F27-75F2415C4C1A.png


20260816_151615_33A98AC1-AB01-466B-8271-18CE8EE3616B.png
 
Last edited:
Algae on the glass is a good sign, but no pic was posted 🙂

What have you done to get your tank cycled so far?
 
Algae on the glass is a good sign, but no pic was posted 🙂

What have you done to get your tank cycled so far?
I have got live rock from my store and put in dry fish food in. Sorry about the picture it won’t let me upload it.
20260816_151346_613C433C-3302-412A-A293-E57E61BD0229.png


20260816_151346_3726990E-402C-434B-BF50-C0BBB3F30CCC.png
 
With real, wet live rock from a local shop, you're already cycled 🙂

The live rock is well populated with beneficial bacteria, you're recording zero ammonia and some nitrate. I believe you're good to start slowly adding some hardy livestock 🙂
 
With real, wet live rock from a local shop, you're already cycled 🙂

The live rock is well populated with beneficial bacteria, you're recording zero ammonia and some nitrate. I believe you're good to start slowly adding some hardy livestock 🙂
Ok thanks I just wanted to make sure
 
Hello I was wondering if you could help me see if my tank is cycled yet this is my first time doing this so I would like to make sure. Here is also a picture of my tank there is algae on the glass I haven’t gotten a scraper for it yet. Thanks
20260816_151614_6458A0C5-458A-4719-8F27-75F2415C4C1A.png


20260816_151615_33A98AC1-AB01-466B-8271-18CE8EE3616B.png
Hi, I just wanted to point out that it says “fresh water master test kit” on the card. Obviously that could be quite important so just making sure you’ve got the right tests.
 
Hi, I just wanted to point out that it says “fresh water master test kit” on the card. Obviously that could be quite important so just making sure you’ve got the right tests.
As far as I researched the API test kits use the same reagents for salt and fresh. The color charts are different.

Hello I was wondering if you could help me see if my tank is cycled yet this is my first time doing this so I would like to make sure. Here is also a picture of my tank there is algae on the glass I haven’t gotten a scraper for it yet. Thanks
20260816_151614_6458A0C5-458A-4719-8F27-75F2415C4C1A.png


20260816_151615_33A98AC1-AB01-466B-8271-18CE8EE3616B.png
You may want to get some better test kits going forward. Salfert brand are popular and low cost. Alkalinity, Nitrate and Phosphate are good to get you started.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new