Is my toadstool coral still saveable?

staylor1490

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
15
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a toadstool frag for my new 3 gallon pico a couple days ago. There was an ammonia spike and the toadstool started shedding mucus and parts of the coral - it also slumped over. I did a water change and the shedding/wilting seemed to stop, but the frag still looks kinda bad and I don't want it to continue releasing toxins and polluting the tank. Should I keep the frag or is it a lost cause?

IMG_4053.jpg IMG_4054.jpg
 
I have two filter cartridge with carbon inside but I've been running both for a month - will the carbon be depleted?
 
Yes replace the carbon. When you have problems like this carbon will only last a week or 2.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new