Is my toadstool trying to split?

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all and happy Friday! So I noticed this yesterday on my toadstool. And today it is even more noticeable. It literally looks like a small piece is trying to break away. Does this happen with toadstools? Is something else happening? I have just never seen this before.
IMG_7798.jpeg
 
Just so it’s clear, it has always been pretty happy, and the polyps are closed in this photo but usually open.
 
Hey all and happy Friday! So I noticed this yesterday on my toadstool. And today it is even more noticeable. It literally looks like a small piece is trying to break away. Does this happen with toadstools? Is something else happening? I have just never seen this before.
IMG_7798.jpeg
Hey everyone, so this little piece is even further along on splitting now. I am thinking about cutting it to complete the split as not much is left before it totally breaks away. I have heard in the past that you can run a piece of fishing line thru them so they can attach to a rock. Can someone here walk me thru this process. The "foot" is very small as the whole piece is only the size of a quarter. Thanks to any and all help provided.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new