Is my torch okay?

Sean_Jacob228

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
173
Reaction score
61
Location
mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this torch about 5 months. Here recently I started to notice this white band. It opens up very nicely and fluffy. I will say 2 heads are splitting/split. Thanks in advance

IMG_7287.jpeg IMG_7286.jpeg
 
That is very minimal. Hammers, frogs, octos, torches seem to receed at night while in the splitting process. Not all of them will. Some do.

If the band starts to look as it is peeling, unattached, darkens in color. There might be an infection.

Now, if it keeps receeding and there is a lot if clean skeleton exposed. Test water parameters and advice can go from there. It might even need to go as far as an icp, unless its rapid tissue loss.

Thats when you'll need treatment options on hand. Lugols iodine, coral infection elimination, some have kfc dip.
 
That looks like a healthy torch to me. 3 years ago a local reefer asked if I wanted a torch that was checking out, I said sure. It had zero flesh band on all three heads. It is happy and healthy and has doubled in size. Just keep your parameters in check, moderate flow and light and it will do well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new