Is prazipro known to suppress Alk consumption?

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DT got contaminated with Flukes due to less than perfect sterilization between working on QT and DT.

I started a course of prazi on Tuesday, and alk has been slowly creeping up with normal dosing.

Is prazipro known to suppress calcification? None of the corals look too rough, but they're definitely not thrilled with the addition of prazi.

Skimmer is running with the cup off, and I increased the size of the air supply running outside and added a DIY carbon filter where the 3/4" tuning meets the 3/8" tubing.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if it suppresses calcification, but some corals do not like it much. The good thing is its full strength rapidly decreases over 48 hours or so.

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if it suppresses calcification, but some corals do not like it much. The good thing is its full strength rapidly decreases over 48 hours or so.

Its interesting to see which corals don't like it, and which ones seem to be even happier after dosing it.

It doesn't seem to be consistent between corals in any given family or genus. Some of our favias look amazing, some look annoyed. Some of the acros are complaining, meanwhile some are showing better PE than they ever have, etc.

I just tossed a bag of carbon in the sump to soak up the residual before I do a waterchange. Well see how everything looks in a couple hours.

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know PraziPro is at least somewhat reef safe. May consider dosing into DT if my fish get flukes. Hope that won’t happen.

This is actually our second course of Prazi in the DT. Interestingly, one of our gonioporas that we got as a fixer upper made some serious strides during the first course because of the increase in DOCs while the skimmer was running sans cup.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back