Is starting a second tank a good idea

Capital_TR

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Little Rock
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial plan was so start from scratch and go through the process and growing pains but, I got a pre established tank from a friend as a birthday gift (65gal salt water) and I’m loving it so far and he’s a great help when I have questions. My only concern is I feel like don’t know what I’m doing or more specifically I can tell the gaps in my knowledge. Would it be a bad idea to start a smaller “learner tank” like 30gal or something similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new