Is Temporary Home Suitable

ChloeB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a rimless fluval 20 gallon with a hang on filter of of craigslist I dont want to spend for a new tank when I have one. I just want make AIO filter for the back of my tank to go inside. I am currently waiting for the acrylic piece to come in the mail. But I currently have my two clown fish in those 5 gallon buckets with the filter and heater and wave. Will they be okay if i leave them inside the bucket for a couple if days while I work on the filter tank

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass, plastic, what difference does it make?

I used to TTM in 5 gallon buckets! They will be fine if they are kept warm and the water oxygenated.

Heck all my corals, fish, rocks, and inverts lived in those black plastic totes you buy at home depot for 2 weeks while I had new floors installed.

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass, plastic, what difference does it make?

I used to TTM in 5 gallon buckets! They will be fine if they are kept warm and the water oxygenated.

Heck all my corals, fish, rocks, and inverts lived in those black plastic totes you buy at home depot for 2 weeks while I had new floors installed.
Sometimes you have to do what you gotta do. But for the cost of a 10g tank why not give them the extra room and as a bonus it can be used as QT

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was an already established tank going on for years but i dont like how the filter just hangs. I want it to have a clean look with the light only popping up.
Oh I get yah, sorry. Maybe an air stone depending on how much surface agitation is in the bucket, possibly a live rock and change half the water if it’s more than two days. That’s what I would do anyway.

Back