Is the club still active?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike in CT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
495
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just wondering if Ctar is still active.
I have not heard much about the club since the couple spring video meetings.
 
I tried looking at their web site... all I got was a "domain name for sale" I might be interested in finding a local club. I'm in Glastonbury
 
[email protected] took membership dues around April but there hasn't been a lot of activity. It had definitely been a slow year.
 
Yeah I have to agree haven’t heard much as well. I am in Fairfield county and wanna be part of club better resources around. But not too many members around this area or just not part of the community
 
Hey guys its still here. I had some stuff going on over the summer so I was'nt on for awhile and quite frankly got out of the habit of checking in. And yes Covid has made it tuff to get the club going again, but I think its more than that. Let me ask you this. Tell me 3 things you want out of being in this club?
 
I enjoy the social aspect of physically being with other reefers, talking about their setups, challenges and successes.
I also enjoyed when there was frag swaps, or members selling low cost frags so new members could try different corals without breaking the bank.
I’m guessing finding space to hold meetings is major hassle if we are not using the Lutz anymore.
Definitely enjoy guess speakers as well.
 
Hi Mike I definitely agree with you. It would be nice to see people in person. The video chats have been helpful during covid but it's not even close to be similar to real conversations.
 
Miss going to the meetingz for sure. I moved to SC a while back. The Reef clubs down here are non-existent. Definitely miss the good Ole days.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new