Is the hobby dead in CT?

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some purple sponge and devil's hand I can part with. I'd be interested inimd blowing paly if you had any to trade. I'm in Griswold
The mind blowing paly is only 6 heads at the moment but it’s growing quickly, I’ll keep in touch and let you know when I have some separated. I’m currently in the process of setting up a 120. I still need to build the stand and find an led bar or something to supplement the 4 bulb t5 light I have now. Just bought an aquamaxx 120 skimmer, phosban 550 reactor, media systems reactor, aqua fx barracuda rodi, and a new ato system. I still need to figure out on paper how I’m going to set everything up so I can build the stand for everything I want including what size tank I’m going to use for my sump. Then how I’m going to set up my sump baffles and filter sock size. I found a sweet mag drive pump that runs 1500gph but I haven’t figured out yet what my needs even are so is it too much or too little? I don’t know. Lots to think about

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mind blowing paly is only 6 heads at the moment but it’s growing quickly, I’ll keep in touch and let you know when I have some separated. I’m currently in the process of setting up a 120. I still need to build the stand and find an led bar or something to supplement the 4 bulb t5 light I have now. Just bought an aquamaxx 120 skimmer, phosban 550 reactor, media systems reactor, aqua fx barracuda rodi, and a new ato system. I still need to figure out on paper how I’m going to set everything up so I can build the stand for everything I want including what size tank I’m going to use for my sump. Then how I’m going to set up my sump baffles and filter sock size. I found a sweet mag drive pump that runs 1500gph but I haven’t figured out yet what my needs even are so is it too much or too little? I don’t know. Lots to think about
That sounds good. I run a 120 with a 40B for a sump. If I was starting from scratch I would like a little more room underneath for a ATO water contaener. I use a square tidy cat plastic container and "just" almost fits. I'm pretty sure my return pump is smaller than that on. Mine is probably undersized. But it seems to work for my soft coral tank. Maybe start a build thread. It's probably the best way to get help and advice on a build. And it's fun to see thee progress.

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sump I made from a 40 Breeder that has a large fuge section, skimmer and return
Free if you want it

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds good. I run a 120 with a 40B for a sump. If I was starting from scratch I would like a little more room underneath for a ATO water contaener. I use a square tidy cat plastic container and "just" almost fits. I'm pretty sure my return pump is smaller than that on. Mine is probably undersized. But it seems to work for my soft coral tank. Maybe start a build thread. It's probably the best way to get help and advice on a build. And it's fun to see thee progress.
Currently I have a Tom’s aqua lifter with a spliced in float with a 5 gallon bucket in an old chest for my ato. I keep all of the things I use that get wet in there, long gloves, scrapers, drip lines, siphon, things like that. That pump I was talking about before has a 31’ max head height so I was thinking of maybe even putting the sump in the basement. So many benefits to it really, less noise, my ato could go right there, I could make a mixing station with 55gal drums and just do water changed out of the sump, less weight on my floors, and less potential of things getting wet that shouldn’t. That pump is like 325w though, that’s like $20 a month running 24hrs a day forever. The other draw back will be drilling a hole in my hardwood floors without my wife noticing.

MD-70RLT - 1536 GPH - Iwaki Japanese​

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The basement sump is appealing, but I'm kind of happy with my $110 electric bill what do you want to put in your tank?

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The basement sump is appealing, but I'm kind of happy with my $110 electric bill what do you want to put in your tank?
Mines already like double that so what’s $20 right? ***. Currently I only have a few fish and corals, I really want a bubble tip, some tangs, maybe some unrealistic hopes and dreams. On the up side I’ve got a bunch of live rock already in the tank and have probably another 50lbs in a tote with a pump and heater (probably doesn’t help my electric bill having that running the last year or 3). I’m doing sand, I know bare bottom is cleaner but I don’t care because I like it.

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome, where are you located?
I am in Wallingford
or
I will be going through New London on my way to OSA to pick up new tank next Saturday
If you could meet me off the highway along 95 I will deliver it to that point
PM me if interested

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Wallingford
or
I will be going through New London on my way to OSA to pick up new tank next Saturday
If you could meet me off the highway along 95 I will deliver it to that point
PM me if interested
Nice!
Mines already like double that so what’s $20 right? ***. Currently I only have a few fish and corals, I really want a bubble tip, some tangs, maybe some unrealistic hopes and dreams. On the up side I’ve got a bunch of live rock already in the tank and have probably another 50lbs in a tote with a pump and heater (probably doesn’t help my electric bill having that running the last year or 3). I’m doing sand, I know bare bottom is cleaner but I don’t care because I like it.
I've got a purple and yellow in my 4' tank. I had the yellow first and added the purple. It took 2 years but now they are happy with each other.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back