Is the Maxpect Auto LPS program sufficient or should i modify it?

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto LPS program sufficient or should i modify it? Just got my 1st set of corals: Elegance, Hammer, Xenia, and a rockfull of young Zoas. TMO they all look great. I plan to use the AF liquid foods ( dose 1 8th of the recomended). I was wondering if i shoud increase any of the channels and/or increase the duration. Here is the current setup:
Screenshot_20210206-101527_SYNA-G.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think there is any 'good answer' to this. It depends on multiple factors - light, etc. IMHO - it is a 'gimmick' - I.e. there is no 'one flow' that is good for 'all LPS'. If you want to try it - I would try it - and monitor - alter it as you need - looking at the coral behavior with the settings. PS - I would consider not changing the settings every day - give the coral some time - days - to react.

FWIW - I have read - 'GSP doesn't like high light or flow'. yet - I have a piece that is about 18 inches long - directly in high flow - at 450 par at the top of my tank. I have goniopora - that do very well in high flow. To me the key is changing the 'direction' of the flow - and the Maxpect does this very well at many settings. I believe if you look at the video in my link you can see what I mean.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 14.3%
Back