Is the NeoPhos max dosage on a 24hr basis?

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For dosing NeoPhos, is the maximum recommended dosage on a 24hr basis?

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your reading and what do you want to bring it up to?
Better yet, why do you want to use it?
That's not what I asked though? I want to know if the instructions are on a 24hr basis or not, just confirming.

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says, dose and test 24 hours later.
I'd say yes.
Thank you! I must've missed that. I've just struggled with almost always bottomed out phosphates, and for my tank, the amx calculation is technically 0.75ml, given that it's a 4.8g tank. No matter my feeding technique, it stays very low consistently. I'm fairly certain (per other threads of advice on here) that it killed off some of my other corals.

So, maybe the answer is another means of "dosing" as opposed to NeoPhos, but it generally (over a span of weeks, and even skipping a water change as suggested by someone here), doesn't seem to help. I've read that NeoPhos is pretty watered down, so maybe that's a problem? Nitrates are great and I can generally control them at least.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I must've missed that. I've just struggled with almost always bottomed out phosphates, and for my tank, the amx calculation is technically 0.75ml, given that it's a 4.8g tank. No matter my feeding technique, it stays very low consistently. I'm fairly certain (per other threads of advice on here) that it killed off some of my other corals.

So, maybe the answer is another means of "dosing" as opposed to NeoPhos, but it generally (over a span of weeks, and even skipping a water change as suggested by someone here), doesn't seem to help. I've read that NeoPhos is pretty watered down, so maybe that's a problem? Nitrates are great and I can generally control them at least.
Yes, it's watered down.
Rocks and sand will also soak it up. Dose daily, even break it up to 2 doses daily until you see it rise. Then you can dose a little less to maintain.

You have fish in the system?

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's watered down.
Rocks and sand will also soak it up. Dose daily, even break it up to 2 doses daily until you see it rise. Then you can dose a little less to maintain.

You have fish in the system?
When you say break it up into 2 dosed daily, would it be the 0.75ml split in half so that it's not dosed all at once?

And yeah, no fish in the system I'm sure makes this tougher for me. I only have some LPS coral, or what's left that's survived.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say break it up into 2 dosed daily, would it be the 0.75ml split in half so that it's not dosed all at once?

And yeah, no fish in the system I'm sure makes this tougher for me. I only have some LPS coral, or what's left that's survived.
Yes, I like to split doses in half and dose 2 times.
Keeps the water more constant. If you can split it in 3, even better.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For dosing NeoPhos, is the maximum recommended dosage on a 24hr basis?

There's no inherent max dosage for dosing phosphate, as long as you are below your target level.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back