Is the seneye par meter reliable?

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

I'm going to be getting a Seneye as a redundancy sensor for my parameters in case something fails. I wanted to know how reliable the PAR meter on it was. should just rent a separate one (that'll cost a $100 restocking fee) from BRS instead? if so, which one should I aim for? I'm going to be using it to figure out my PAR for the 4x 90w Red Sea ReefLeds I'll be receiving with my tank.

thank you!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If that’s the video where 2 of the meters they tested were faulty then they need to do it again. All that video proved to me is that, if I buy a PAR meter, then I still won’t have the confidence to know what my PAR readings actually are.

I’ve have been looking at this a lot lately. I would like one of the Apogee meters but I’m beginning to think that I might be just as well off with the Seneye. From what I’ve read/watched, the Seneye might be almost as good directly underneath the lights, with the errors becoming more noticeable as you move to the edges of the tank, where the light is coming in at an angle.

MosleyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone has had or heard of any updates in the past 10 ish months. But from what I keep finding is it was great until V4 came out and they refused to deal with the problem of it being way way off. If anyone has any info on this I would love to hear updated reviews or comparisons

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard of any update.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about PUR - mostly made up... It is more complicated that this, but it won't help you much, so don't sweat it.

The seneye needs to be perfectly perpendicular to the light source to work right - the sensor is not cosine corrected. Also there can be no movement above it. It is a good swag, but I don't even put it close to being on the same level as Apogee.

Back