Is the upgrade worh it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who had done the upgrade to their orphek v4 fixture? If so, did you do both the control board and led panel? Using the gateway can be painful, but is the upgrade worh it? They have the discount on the full upgrade which is tempting, but not sure it's needed. Any opinions?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious too. Especially since I just upgraded to the v4g2 right before the icon came out. But a few guys local to me that use the Orpheks have upgraded and they rave about it…..

corey

FishPham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if you've already upgraded, but I'm in the same predicament. I reached out to their support and they said the LED board is not required, but when asked if it's an improvement, I can't get a firm answer. What did you end up doing?

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll answer this without question. 100% the full upgrade is worth every bit of it. Tons more power than the v4s and the app makes every a ton easier.

I'll admit I like the v4 color rendition better with more violet and uv but I've gotten used to the icons.

The upgrades literally replace all the internals minus the heatsink and lenses. So if you're handy, you could build new fixtures with the v4 parts...

Not sure if it's just the leds, the boards, or a combination but the icons produce a ton more power and par than the v4s. I used to run my v4s at 100% on my blues and uvs, now my blues are at 80% max and uvs at 65% and run around the same par.

So in a nutshell, if you're on the fence, do it!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back