Is there a freshwater R2R?

William Chiavetta

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2024
Messages
760
Reaction score
807
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 freshwater tanks and I was wondering if there was an equivalent to R2R or a subsection for freshwater. I haven't seen anything other than FB groups but it would be helpful to have a whole website.
 
Good question. I am in a few FW planted groups on FB but dang alot of them think what they are doing is way more complicated that marine. If i even hint that i am a reefer the hate comes out. really weird.
 
Fishlore is by far the best fw forum. It is very much just like here. A lot of info. Breeders of fish. They are much less comercialized than r2r but they have great info. I have found frwshwater forums dull prety quickly. Once you understand husbandry and you learn what it takes to keep a freshwater aquarium the info gets much more stale. Basically you move to breading, high tech planted aquariums. And eventually saltwater. There is a much more in depth research in salteater and reefs. There is always new ingo to read up on.
 
Im shocked by the amount of no. I mean i get it people think freshwater would confuse. But lets be serious as a established reef keeper i would think you could spot freshwater post fairly easily. I think it would draw a lot of people to the forum. As a Waterkeeper i think education on all forms of aquarium pratices is great. I think quite a few on here keep freshwater aquariums also. Bringing the 2 together would broaden the knowledge of the hobby as a whole. No freshwater form gets vendor or anything like r2r. I mean all saltwater companies are now making freshwater equipment. Imagine the advacements in both sides of the hobby if we brough all aquarist vendors into one spot.
 
Yeah only downfall of this community most are snobs who forgot their roots. I keep sps now why do i care about high tech planted aquariums. My side of the hoby is more exspensive so you freshwater keepers are less than. Imagine if we had well know freshwater breeders jkin the forum amd get into beeeding saltwater fish. We all keep water either with or without salt. But owell. Fishlore.com is a great freshwater spot woth great information.
 
Im shocked by the amount of no. I mean i get it people think freshwater would confuse. But lets be serious as a established reef keeper i would think you could spot freshwater post fairly easily. I think it would draw a lot of people to the forum. As a Waterkeeper i think education on all forms of aquarium pratices is great. I think quite a few on here keep freshwater aquariums also. Bringing the 2 together would broaden the knowledge of the hobby as a whole. No freshwater form gets vendor or anything like r2r. I mean all saltwater companies are now making freshwater equipment. Imagine the advacements in both sides of the hobby if we brough all aquarist vendors into one spot.
Does not make sense to me to have a freshwater section on a reef forum. Just find a freshwater water site .
 
@revhtree I think it could bring a lot of extra interest and business if you tried to add a freshwater subsection that people didn't have to be involved in at all. I realize a lot of people don't want that but it doesn't have to show to people who don't click on it. This was a topic in the beginning of the year that was voted no to but I think if the execution was good it could be an awesome addition to the website
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new