Do the members want a Freshwater Forum here?

Would you like a Freshwater forum here on R2R?

• YES

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • NO

Votes: 73 46.8%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 39 25.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've had some slight urging to add a Freshwater Category here. How do you all feel about it?

PS. We could keep the FW threads and posts from showing in recent posts to those that don't want to see them.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to you, @revhtree. I think you’ll also find people that want a reptile and amphibian forum too. It doesn’t bother me either way though.

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't currently keep freshwater but I vote yes just because there's so much overlap between the two that it just makes sense to have one place where we can all share ideas and opinions. There's always something to learn from each other

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't care either way if there were a dedicated forum for freshwater, but I would like to be able to unsubscribe from that forum and posts.
At least until I get a discus tank set back up some day.
Maybe have sub-forum for planted tanks too or live freshwater plants.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i voted other. i’m sure there will be others wanting a sub-forum for other pets down the line too lol(dogs pls?!?).

i can see how having a FW section would be nice, but this is REEF2REEF. no hard feelings to the FW community, i came from it before turning to the salt side.

Last edited:

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had some slight urging to add a Freshwater Category here. How do you all feel about it?

PS. We could keep the FW threads and posts from showing in recent posts to those that don't want to see them.
I think adding a separate part of the app completely dedicated to freshwater would be great, because it can help out so much people! Just, like you said I would make a whole different section for freshwater, because there are minor differences, and you don't want some freshwater keeper giving info that works for their FW aquarium, to a begginer saltwater keeper that could possibly hurt their tank.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve chosen “Other”.
It has to be a sister site, completely separate forum wise and domain wise.

Reasoning behind this is that when looking for information I personally prefer to use googles “site:” directive with reef2reef.com as the domain, and any other separation under this domain would break my ability to get answers that are guaranteed to be reef related quickly.

I don’t want to sound grumpy, but I hate it when I read through information thinking it is relevant to reef keeping and than realize it’s about freshwater. I find it as a complete waste of time for me.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure as it will confuse many with treatment regimens and ive seen some freshwater people post an issue and some responded with saltwater treatments/methods

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think adding a separate part of the app completely dedicated to freshwater would be great because it can help out so many people! Just, like you said I would make a whole different section for freshwater, because there are minor differences, and you don't want some freshwater keeper giving info that works for their FW aquarium, to a beginner saltwater keeper that could hurt their tank.
I've changed my mind very quickly. My vote is now no. Unless you want to create a whole new app dedicated to freshwater, (you could call it river2river, lol I don't know), it could cause people, specifically beginners to try stuff in their saltwater tank, that might only work for FW aquariums, or vice versa. IMO, it might cause more harm than good. You should look into creating an app dedicated to fresh water, you could call it river2river, or lake2lake, or tank2tank. I don't know, but you get the idea. Lol.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
star-wars-bartender.gif

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back