Is there any more beer and frag swap BBQs

Reefer Matt

Blue Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @BrokenReefer said though, the frags are the bonus. Being able to hang out and talk shop with like minded people is the real draw. Some good food, good drinks, good convo.. that's what I'm there for. Man, I can't wait for the warm weather lol.
I agree. However Reefers around my area are hermits in person. They like fb chatting more.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one of those on once. Cost about $500. People quickly left after the food and freebies were handed out. Lol.
Hosted 2 club picnics.... Cost a fortune, even after club paid for food.

1st time I did 2 lip-on ribeyes and turkeys and chickens on a 8' spit over coals. A lot of work and a lot of money. 95% of the people were awesome, some complained that there was not enough food choice. Some kids got into drawers and took skeleton keys for my old doors and lost them. Some kid got nipped after pulling my dogs tails and explicit instructions to all parents to not let the kids pull his tail. I got called a bad dog owner.

2nd time I did flank steaks, hand made burgers with ground bacon, dogs, sausages, and yech.. vegan burgers. 95% of the guests were awesome. Somebody even brought a 5th of crown as an offering and others brought corals. Of course there was a complaint about not enough vegan choices, not enough for "kids" to do (even though it was suggested that kids stay home), and somebody else complained that the burgers had pork in them and there were no "plain" ones.

Lesson learned. We don't host parties, even though most people are a joy to have. It only takes a few jerks to tarnish the whole experience.

I built a pizza oven during Covid. Everyone asks "when are you having a pizza party"
Me... "never" this is for my enjoyment. People think that I am kidding. We have family over and a close friend or two. That's it.

1707878183544.png

OP
OP
magallonbuckinbulls

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hosted 2 club picnics.... Cost a fortune, even after club paid for food.

1st time I did 2 lip-on ribeyes and turkeys and chickens on a 8' spit over coals. A lot of work and a lot of money. 95% of the people were awesome, some complained that there was not enough food choice. Some kids got into drawers and took skeleton keys for my old doors and lost them. Some kid got nipped after pulling my dogs tails and explicit instructions to all parents to not let the kids pull his tail. I got called a bad dog owner.

2nd time I did flank steaks, hand made burgers with ground bacon, dogs, sausages, and yech.. vegan burgers. 95% of the guests were awesome. Somebody even brought a 5th of crown as an offering and others brought corals. Of course there was a complaint about not enough vegan choices, not enough for "kids" to do (even though it was suggested that kids stay home), and somebody else complained that the burgers had pork in them and there were no "plain" ones.

Lesson learned. We don't host parties, even though most people are a joy to have. It only takes a few jerks to tarnish the whole experience.

I built a pizza oven during Covid. Everyone asks "when are you having a pizza party"
Me... "never" this is for my enjoyment. People think that I am kidding. We have family over and a close friend or two. That's it.

1707878183544.png
I should have said, private BBQ parties lol. Carnitas and steak, you want vegan, there's grain and alfalfa. kid gets bit, pour some beer on it, clean it, wrap a napkin with tape and your off to play. lol

you play with bull, well you know what happens lol.

and if you act up, well you'll probably get a good beating lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back