Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters
Alk 8.5
Mag 1470
Calcium 450
Phos 0.03
Nitrate 13-14

I have had this acro for around 9 months and it’s started to become more white around the base and more of a pastel look rather than the very red look it had before.

Noting I recently had a birdsnest I removed next to it that was stinging it. It has nearly fully recovered.

Also historically my tank has run low on potassium, I just sent out an ati icp test and am waiting results but did dose 20ml or so over a 4 day period. (Tank volume 13g)

I have a very small frag from a nub I knocked off when I glued it in and it is also showing the same coloration and is just sitting on a frag rack.

Lighting has not changed in 5 months
IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

Photo from before removing birds nest, before it started to sting it, less than a month between pics
IMG_2981.jpeg

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acro appearance will vary by tank due to different lighting and water parameters. If you are going to post about unhappy acros, try to find one more sickly looking!

OP
OP
R

Randomstylez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3548.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

A little over a month has passed and my acro looks much better. And there absolutely was something wrong. There were 0 aminos in my water. I began adding reef energy ab+ and this is the difference. Much better polyp extension and much deeper red, more to its original colors. No other tank parameters or changes were made besides this.

ab-774819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3548.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

A little over a month has passed and my acro looks much better. And there absolutely was something wrong. There were 0 aminos in my water. I began adding reef energy ab+ and this is the difference. Much better polyp extension and much deeper red, more to its original colors. No other tank parameters or changes were made besides this.
What is the acro frag behind this colony? It's beautiful!

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3548.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

Nice looking acro!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back