Is there something wrong with my fish?

Patric1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this new Kole Tang in my tank for almost a week now.. he hid for the first day in the rocks as i figured.. next day he was out n about until i walked up he would hide, normal i would think.. every day he got more use to me and wouldn’t run and hide.. well fast forward a few days I’ve been home for a couple hours now and haven’t seen him come out once and is breathing heavier then normal.. my parameters are
PH 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0
He’s in a tank with a Fiji damsel, couple peppermint, cleaner , Hermit, and snails

mind you the power went out yesterday,last night, and today all for about an hour each time because of the weather.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be oxygen level due to power outage, aim your powerheads at the top of the water to get more agitation & see if that helps. If he's the biggest fish it would affect him 1st.

OP
OP
Patric1

Patric1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be oxygen level due to power outage, aim your powerheads at the top of the water to get more agitation & see if that helps. If he's the biggest fish it would affect him 1st.
Ok i did slap a little bubbler in there when i got home and turn the lights off.. he is the biggest fish as welll

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank & if you have a skimmer in the sump you could also run a hose to the air inlet on the skimmer from outside if possible or at least out side the tank stand.

OP
OP
Patric1

Patric1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank & if you have a skimmer in the sump you could also run a hose to the air inlet on the skimmer from outside if possible or at least out side the tank stand.
36 gallon
HOB Filter

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back