Is there something wrong with my Royal Gramma?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patryk P.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Patryk P.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
15
Location
Scottsdale
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve have this royal gramma for about a month now and when I first got it, it had some white on its tail. There were no white spots just some whiteness on the tail. I had a Midas blenny that bullied it for a while so I took the blenny out after it nipped part of the Gramma’s tail off. Now, I recently noticed there is still white on its tail. Is it ich because it doesn’t really look like white dots all over its body? Just on the tail and maybe a fin. Eating is normal and it is a shy fish that only tends to come out sometimes or when there is food. It eats a lot though and no weird behavior too. All other fish look perfectly healthy too with no spots on them.

If I do have to take the fish out because of a disease, what would be the best way to catch it because it is very shy? I don’t want to remove the rock work.
IMG_3040.jpeg
IMG_3042.jpeg
 
I’ve have this royal gramma for about a month now and when I first got it, it had some white on its tail. There were no white spots just some whiteness on the tail. I had a Midas blenny that bullied it for a while so I took the blenny out after it nipped part of the Gramma’s tail off. Now, I recently noticed there is still white on its tail. Is it ich because it doesn’t really look like white dots all over its body? Just on the tail and maybe a fin. Eating is normal and it is a shy fish that only tends to come out sometimes or when there is food. It eats a lot though and no weird behavior too. All other fish look perfectly healthy too with no spots on them.

If I do have to take the fish out because of a disease, what would be the best way to catch it because it is very shy? I don’t want to remove the rock work.
IMG_3040.jpeg
IMG_3042.jpeg
The caudal fin looks to me like fins do when they grow back after an injury. If the fish has no other symptoms, I wouldn’t worry about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new