Is this a colt coral or kenya tree?

CLYRIC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2022
Messages
184
Reaction score
48
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230319_182348.jpg
20230319_182353.jpg
20230319_182355.jpg

If it is a colt coral, doesn't it release toxins? I have a lot of LPS in my tank and I heard that it's recommended to run carbon. Should I run carbon 24/7 or just every now and then? Is there any negatives with running carbon that I should be aware of?
 
Cauliflower colt and never seen them as aggressive. They require moderate to medium light which is their main food source through its zooxanthellae, and can be fed on phyto plankton, chopped krill and brine shrimp and fairly easy BUT assure you maintain Good water quality and assure Calcium (400), Alkalinity (8-9), pH (8-8.2), proper water temperature (76-79) and medium water flow are provided. If not, they will bleach.
 
Looks like a colt to me. I always run carbon in my softie systems, it’s a win win when it comes to removing toxins and water clarity, I wouldn’t run a tank without it.
 
Looks like a colt to me. I always run carbon in my softie systems, it’s a win win when it comes to removing toxins and water clarity, I wouldn’t run a tank without it.
Do you always run carbon or just every now and then? Are there any negatives with running carbon? I heard that it can pull out some of the "good stuff" that you need which is why some people only run it every now and then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new