Is this a Cristata (grape coral) or Torch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NanoSteam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NanoSteam

ANTI 100% Blues Only Club
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
2,886
Reaction score
13,373
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Euphyllia was sold to me as a Torch coral but I found it odd how short stubby the tentacles were.

After some searching I came up with grape coral or Euphyllia Cristata which looks much more like what I have.

It seems to like it’s placement and flow but it does open with longer tentacles when lights are out, assuming this is it’s feeding response.

7E3A6E8A-54E8-4074-9EE9-F18694FB885E.jpeg
1897CBCE-0745-4E16-91FC-1C25EF2032E7.jpeg
 
It looks like an Aussie torch to me
 
I’m leaning toward cristata. My cristata vs my torch.
 

Attachments

  • 7F23CCB7-C126-4C2E-9D84-C56F33AFE15E.jpeg
    7F23CCB7-C126-4C2E-9D84-C56F33AFE15E.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2364.MOV
    16.3 MB
  • 3E91414B-F825-416C-8551-EF9921AF2D96.jpeg
    3E91414B-F825-416C-8551-EF9921AF2D96.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2308.MOV
    13.9 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new