Is this a disease?

Acidspeedzero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost a flame angel. I want to make sure this clown is going to be ok. Any idea if this is a disease? 3 small white dots on clown.

20230216_190931.jpg

Attachments

• 20230216_190647.mp4
    95.6 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just lost a flame angel. I want to make sure this clown is going to be ok. Any idea if this is a disease? 3 small white dots on clown.

20230216_190931.jpg
clown appears to have secondary bacterial lesions which May have stemmed from brook but unconfirmed.
Is clown breathing normal or rapid?
is it eating ?
Any loss of color?

In a case like this you can treat for bacterial but I would suggest to treat as if it were brook which should address this also. Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
A quarantine system if you dont have one can be as simple as a starter tank kit from walmart which has most of the essentials

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some possible spots in the clown - what symptoms did the flame angel show before it died?
Jay

OP
OP
Acidspeedzero

Acidspeedzero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown appears to have secondary bacterial lesions which May have stemmed from brook but unconfirmed.
Is clown breathing normal or rapid?
is it eating ?
Any loss of color?

In a case like this you can treat for bacterial but I would suggest to treat as if it were brook which should address this also. Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
A quarantine system if you dont have one can be as simple as a starter tank kit from walmart which has most of the essentials
Clownfish looks like she's breathing normal, just touched anemone for the first time today.

Just fed brine shrimp and she ate a bunch.

No loss of colour

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back