Is this a eel, snake, or whatever and is it bad?

Peter Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how hooked we all are. It will either be a good laugh, a cool bit of biology, or the transformer will get him and we never hear back. And if we do hear back but it is all bleeped out, then the eel got him. Lol. Thank you for at the very least entertaining us today!

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your information and thinking. I at first thought it was an air pocket, but when you go to the side with a flashlight, the creature moves its head and I saw it for a second, it looked like some type of snake head but to be fair I only saw it for a second. It is reflective, and looks slippery. When I put light on it, the creature moves and tightens up, I have never seen seen the head, only the body, but I can tell you when I put a light on it, the whatever it is scrunches up. Now if that is an air bubble fine, I just don't know if I have the guts to take the dang thing out (rock) and put it in freshwater and see whatever the hell comes out.

I will try to get another photo, of it. I have asked my neighbor for his webcam (it goes underwater). I like to just put it on motion detection and see if we see anything. If it is a snake or an eel, do you know what I could feed it? I am asking not to keep the dang thing, but to see if I give it some food it likes and if the food disappears. Someone I know who saw it with me thought medusa worm, but again not very sure. Is it possible that something like this can live on live rock and I just didn't notice it?

I'm super confused. You said you saw the head move... then in the very next sentence you say you've never seen the head?

If the eel has you at gun point, nod once.

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F73458A-5934-4761-977F-BE1210C737CC.gif

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at this thread because I thought it may be a Bobbitt. Nope its the monster from the blue lagoon.

Your tank name is now the blue lagoon.

;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will find out after the wife goes to bed in a couple of hours. I will be putting a power nozzle at another member's suggestion.

Did she go to bed? Did you point a powerhead at it? Who framed Roger Rabbit? I have so many questions and not enough answers.

In all seriousness I'm 4 pages into this thread and the suspense is killing me. Going to go take some tums.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back