Is this a legit Stratosphere

Blackhawksfan22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2023
Messages
178
Reaction score
96
Location
Naperville, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ones I’ve seen but I’ve also seen ones with the little yellow dots everywhere so I’m not quite sure

IMG_3316.jpeg IMG_3317.jpeg
 
Looks like ones I’ve seen but I’ve also seen ones with the little yellow dots everywhere so I’m not quite sure

IMG_3316.jpeg IMG_3317.jpeg
I saw the post by wes on another forum and saw that the black base means it’s a stratosphere but I just want someone who knows more to 100% confirm
 
ORA Pearlberry. Teasing!

Edit: I have to say though I did laugh. Faketaxi asking if it is a legit stratosphere. The name thing....
 
Yeah, Strats. Like all zoas, individual polyps can vary and they also go through a growth stage and develop more rings and colors as the polyps gets bigger.

My Strats courtesy of @wes84
P_20240503_190126.jpg
 
Don't worry about the trade name/lineage too much; most of the time, they're just there to bump up the price. If it looks pretty, just be happy with it. It's also near-impossible to know whether two similar corals come from the same original colony or if they are just lookalikes.
 
Yeah, Strats. Like all zoas, individual polyps can vary and they also go through a growth stage and develop more rings and colors as the polyps gets bigger.

My Strats courtesy of @wes84
P_20240503_190126.jpg
Ok, thank you! That’s good to know! I was just a little concerned because all the ones I saw online look like yours, they look amazing!
 
Don't worry about the trade name/lineage too much; most of the time, they're just there to bump up the price. If it looks pretty, just be happy with it. It's also near-impossible to know whether two similar corals come from the same original colony or if they are just lookalikes.
That makes sense, I really like them so figured I’d bite the bullet but wanted to make sure it wasn’t something else
 
I saw the post by wes on another forum and saw that the black base means it’s a stratosphere but I just want someone who knows more to 100% confirm
If you dont want to take any chances hit me up :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

Attachments

  • 5B2EF3A3-144F-448E-911C-4B1872C24744.jpeg
    5B2EF3A3-144F-448E-911C-4B1872C24744.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 100
  • 1346AD86-6885-4662-AD37-2A76337D4B6D.jpeg
    1346AD86-6885-4662-AD37-2A76337D4B6D.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 127
Yeah, Strats. Like all zoas, individual polyps can vary and they also go through a growth stage and develop more rings and colors as the polyps gets bigger.

My Strats courtesy of @wes84
P_20240503_190126.jpg
Bro! I told you they were good growers! Look at em go!
 
That's a Strat! I find the aquacultured ones do well, but the wild ones are hit or miss. They are a known melter. So just use general caution, QT, antibiotic treatment, etc.

Remember when buying high end, too good to be true is very accurate on pricing. If a high end piece has an unrealistically low price, usually it means that people want it gone fast. So just use caution. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new