OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same place. Frost Corals. I dipped them in SR Aquaristik Coral Defense and Seachem Reef Dip when I got home on Saturday because that was all that I had. I drip acclimated them as well. I've gotten things from them in the past with no issues, but this will be my last time. I picked up some Coral RX today and just finished dipping them. Not really sure what any of these things are, but they all came off of the frags. Some look like little lice or mites and were swimming around in the water, others look like worms and were wiggling around on the bottom of the container, and the larger one on paper towel was moving around similar to a nudibranch, but doesn't look like one from what I can tell. (Ignore the dog hair lol)

Regardless, won't be reintroducing them into my tank nor will I be purchasing from them again.

IMG_6933.jpg IMG_4247.jpg IMG_2846.jpg
Intersting not sure what that is. Do you have more zoas? if so have they been affected? When I got home I saw the nudi just sitting on the plug and i sucked it up with a turkey baseter and I sucked up more than one. So I knew that this thing was infested with bugs. Even after I dipped I still was scared. I fragged it but just ended up throwing it out. Kinda annoyed with them. I sent them an email saying they should fix the problem but they never emailed back. Glad im not the only one who found them to be an issue. Hopefully its not too late for ur frags

seanschaef0408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intersting not sure what that is. Do you have more zoas? if so have they been affected? When I got home I saw the nudi just sitting on the plug and i sucked it up with a turkey baseter and I sucked up more than one. So I knew that this thing was infested with bugs. Even after I dipped I still was scared. I fragged it but just ended up throwing it out. Kinda annoyed with them. I sent them an email saying they should fix the problem but they never emailed back. Glad im not the only one who found them to be an issue. Hopefully its not too late for ur frags
I do have some more, but these were on frag racks all the way across the tank from my others. All of my existing ones are looking okay thus far. Hoping they stay that way. The frags were definitely nice and there are still a few polyps that look okay, so maybe I'll be able to salvage one or two. I was thinking about sending them an email too. Maybe if enough people pipe up they'll do something about it

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some more, but these were on frag racks all the way across the tank from my others. All of my existing ones are looking okay thus far. Hoping they stay that way. The frags were definitely nice and there are still a few polyps that look okay, so maybe I'll be able to salvage one or two. I was thinking about sending them an email too. Maybe if enough people pipe up they'll do something about it
That might be a good idea. Ive seen them at my local swaps before so would hate to see them destroy people that are near by with nudis. Have you checked your existing frags to see if theres anything on them? Ive had nudis before and the best time to see them is at night. I had them on my montis and and I would flip them over and I would see them. I dipped every 3 days and they would still keep showing up. Had to deal with them for months. I ended up getting a wrasse and it protected my mother colony but all the frags got destroyed. Def dont wanna go through that again. Check to see if theres eggs on the zoas

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry didnt get it from the same vendors. I just started looking at my tank after reading and found one. It is florescent under the blues and white under whites.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didnt get it from the same vendors. I just started looking at my tank after reading and found one. It is florescent under the blues and white under whites.
Ahhh i see now. I would remove the coral and dip it. its that color because its eating the corals of the same color. Ive had them in my tank and took out $100s worth of corals in a matter of a week. I had no idea what was going on with my tank. Thought it was my lights but found these guys

seanschaef0408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be a good idea. Ive seen them at my local swaps before so would hate to see them destroy people that are near by with nudis. Have you checked your existing frags to see if theres anything on them? Ive had nudis before and the best time to see them is at night. I had them on my montis and and I would flip them over and I would see them. I dipped every 3 days and they would still keep showing up. Had to deal with them for months. I ended up getting a wrasse and it protected my mother colony but all the frags got destroyed. Def dont wanna go through that again. Check to see if theres eggs on the zoas
Yep, I'm in Southfield and have seen them at most of the local swaps that I've been at. I took a look at everything else that I've got and it all looks good, but I dipped everything that I could get to easily just to be safe. Gonna check around as the lights start to dim here in a bit

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back